Saturday, January 17, 2009

DC with Obama!!!

So, I'm here in DC, after hectic plane rides, freezing cold weather, and the Oprah crew on my plane. Yes that's right. O-P-R-A-H! It was pretty cool, despite all of the suspicious eyes roaming around, trying to figure out who was famous, who was important, etc. Al Sharpton was also at the airport on his way here; surprise, surprise.

So anyhow, we get here, with a fairly sweet hotel room thanks to my wonderful cousin Christopher and we grab a bite to eat then head down to listen to Obama speak. Let me just say amazing! If it weren't for the cold whipping at my eyes there might have been tears, but alas I was freezing my ass off.

However, the speech was amazing and just absolutely empowering. People all throughout the crowd were cheering and taking pictures; hugging each other and recording everything. All around there were shouts ranging from, "I can't believe he's done it," to "I'm never washing my hand again because Obama shook it." The whole spectacle was brilliant and although it is only the first day, the celebrations have begun as if he became president today.

After the speech, the 3500 and plus people dispersed. Along the way we talked about Obama's plans for our future and everything he is currently doing. Our biggest concern was that people don't realize that he's not capable of being some 'higher being,' and to stop the expectations from sky-rocketing to such extremes. Unfortunately, we know the expectations will always be too high, but I know with time they will all be met.

For the time being I'm simply content as having him as president, and shouting, "Goodbye Bush, Helloooooooo Obama!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home