Tuesday, January 13, 2009

'my body' delight to my mind

Right now it's just one of those days where you know you have tons of work to do and absolutely no desire or drive to do it. The fact that today is Monday doesn't help much either. Nevertheless, I have to dive right into this "my body" piece.

I liked this right from the start. A picture of a body with somewhat disjointed body parts immediately screamed at me "click on me!" so I obeyed. I loved the interconnectedness of it all. How the brain leads to the eyes, how the eyes leads to migraines, and so on. The whole "choose your own adventure/body part" aspect of "my body" reminds me of my own thought process, lying awake at night jumping from one thought to another. The speaker in "my body," however, is a little more eloquent than me. Then again, there are sections like the "erogenous" section where her language near the end had me very surprised. I loved the imagery of this piece and it was incredibly interesting and fun to read. Unfortunately I did not leave enough time for me to blog in detail more of my thoughts on this work due to my own procrastination on Patchwork girl, but I promise not to make this mistake again. I now realize that I need to be putting more effort into this class than i had previously thought.

-Jonny Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home