Monday, January 12, 2009

Let's Just Call it My Own Version of the 'Left-Hand-Wall Rule'

When confronted with the image of the woman's body with all of the 'clickable' parts, I decided that I wouldn't be able to get through this without some kind of a system: so I made one up. I decided, quite arbitrarily, that I would start at "the brain." It seemed like a good place to start: why not just go straight to the top and see what's on her mind? From there, I read the entirety of the page a link would take me to, then scroll back to the top of the page and click on the first link that I hadn't already been to.

It was going smoothly until I got stuck at the ears.

That happened a few times. I'd get stuck on a page with no links, or a page with links that I'd been to already. Sometimes I had to backtrack quite a bit. Finnally, I started running into so many dead ends that I had to pull the plug: I went back to the picture and just clicked on all the parts I hadn't been able to get to using my system.

Those links were strange sometimes, weren't they? Some made sense, like a comment about tanning would take you to the skin page. But others seemed a little wayward: I think it was something about rollerskating that took you to the arms page. Some starting making sense after reading many of the pages, but still others just remained mysterious.

It became almost like a game after I discovered a few of the "secret pages." I was curious to see if I could spot links that would take me to more. I think I was able to find them all.

Again, a very interesting, and curious, piece. When you put all of the pieces together it makes for an intriguing autobiography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home