Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thoughts of an Exhausted Insomniac

So I'm sitting/laying here watching skateboarding as I navigate my way through Patchwork girl in order to not give in to much needed sleep. Besides the labyrinth of links and information that I'm currently wading through, the melodramatic hum of the wheels of skateboarders mixed with the music beats is both helpful and hell. I find myself flipping back to the skateboarding as much as I find myself immersed in Patchwork Girl.

I realize that I still have some of the same thoughts and ideas that I did before when I began to read/navigate Patchwork Girl, but they're becoming enhanced and extended to the max. Perhaps it's because of the ridiculous time that I'm writing this blog at, the lack of sleep or whatever; but I'm finding more connections to other texts and anything possible than before.

At the same time, I'm becoming more confused. It's opening so many doors of possibilities that it's insane. It's exciting in itself (plus Nyjah nailed the bigflip front board and the switch heel!). Anyhow, as I'm multi-tasking, now also taking a look at 'My Body - a wunderkammer,' a lot of it is clicking. The ties and relations to the body as a story, a narrative and our life. But that's just a piece of it.

I also find it interesting that when it starts off, at least from where I started it was fairly innocent. In a sense it was childhood, that sense of being a kid when you're curious about everything, but it soon develops into this obsession and obscenity. This ridiculous image of things that make no sense but are intriguing because something is making me question her thought process and ideas.

I begin to look at what each piece of this means a a greater whole now, than simply this kid discovering her anatomy and attempting to decipher it. It becomes more of a growing process and also opens to questions about the mind and what it does. In a way I feel like this ties to the whole technology idea; our mind as a child of its own, the information put into it shaping how we act and what we do, and how much we come to rely on technology.

And just how this information is relayed to us and the meanings of all of these things. It's pretty far-stretched at the moment no lie, but it still makes sense (at least in my head it does). The web is just as much as labyrinth of information that you can't even think of bridging as "My Body" and especially Patchwork Girl. Although you think you've gotten far, and perhaps you might have even 'finished' it, you really haven't. Because there are other ways to approach it, other locked doors still, filled with vast amounts of overflowing tumultuous information and the more I read, the more I fill like I'm leafing through the thousands of google pages when it brings up a result for something like art.

There's too much, so much that it questions everything. In one way this is great, in others it is simply complex. I wonder what this says about our media, about everything that we use, etc. All of this information, all of these things, this technology, just, what does it say about this and us. Anyhow, I am definitely going on numerous tangents here so I'm gonna stop. But these are just the sprawled thoughts of an overly exhausted girl in need of better thought process and at least 10 more brains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home