Monday, January 19, 2009

Some Thoughts, By Eric Kane

Hello all it's your classmate and peer, Eric Kane just here to talk a bit see what's the going ons of the time. There was that plane crash where a flock of seagull caused an engine to fail, I was surprised and delighted to see that the pilot was trained enough to maneuver the plane through the City into the Hudson Bay. Hearing that made me a much more comfortable flyer, not that I ever had problem flying, but now there's proof that the Pilots, well, at least that one, is very competent.
Also did I forget to mention OBAMA'S INAUGURATION! Regardless if you were or were not a fan of Bush, I was not, no one can argue that we're in for a world change. I don't say this because of his cheesy slogan, I say this because with our economic crisis, and all the turmoil in so many places in the world regardless of whether or not Obama coined the catchphrase "change" it would still come.
So, those are just two of the many things going on right now, just thought I'd share my thoughts with the class, if anyone would like to add something or comment, please feel free.

2 Comments:

Blogger EmDeLeo said...

Thanks for the post. It's nice to see something current event related. Unfortunately with the semester picking up I find myself being less and less in tune with the real world.

I saw a lot about that plane crash. I have a good friend from back home who's father is a pilot. He was actually running a route that day similar to the plane that had landed in the water. Needless to say, when she came back from class at Westminster and saw that report on the news, she was a little frantic. Everything was alright though, thankfully.


And as for the inauguration and everyone freezing their butts off...let me just say, I rather be there watching that in DC and still freezing my butt off rather than here in Pittsburgh in Chem lab and making the trek between classes. Boo!

=)

January 20, 2009 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger C said...

Haha, it was definitely worth it!

January 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home